- State of Colorado, 150,000 voter records, “missing.” “Records for 150,000 Colo. voters missing,” via Dataloss.
- State of Oregon, 2,200 tax records, ex-employee getting trojan’d by a porn site. “State says taxpayer files may have been compromised.” AP via dataloss.
- Minnesota State Auditor, numbers about unknown number of state and local employee, stolen laptops. “3 laptops apparently stolen from state auditor’s office,” Minneapolis Star Tribune. Would the auditor pass you with that lack of controls? (Via Dataloss.)
- Medicare/Humana, 17,000 SSNs+medical records (?), web access to computers. “Medicare chastises Humana.”
- US Department of Energy, 1,500 contractor SSN+background data, uber-hacker, “DOE computers hacked; info on 1,500 taken.”
- US Department of Energy, 4,000 Hanford Nuclear site employees, employee. “Hanford workers warned about security breach,” Seattle PI.
DOE! a breach! another breach!
Clay, a deputy secretary!
Me! I’m glad, I don’t work there!
Pah! Another broken policy
So! What are they gonna do?
La! (la la: we’re not listening)
Choicepoint, will do it for them wholesale!
Baxter State Park phot by Jenpilot.